Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dream Interpretation. I'm attempting to create a story with my present photo project. With the help of a couple different Dream Dictionaries, I am including subjects that symbolize certain things within a dream.  I enjoy horror, not because of any sort of pain but because it is so fun creating something that posses such shock power with a simple dab of halloween blood. Being able to communicate a strong feeling or vibe in my photos is what makes me satisfied with a photoshoot.  Its amazing to me how photography acts as a simple time machine capturing a moment in time. 
Starting out my dream project has so far been a blast. Stadged photography is a gorgeous thing. Just ten steps away into the art studio and I suddenly felt as though I was a film director capturing a story. I seem to keep the intention of  getting minds wondering. I strive to create art that inspires people even more. I want to create things that will remind viewers of their own personal experiences and memories that my art triggers. 
COLOR|Horror|Toys|Childhood|Relationships|Memories|LivingThings|Unnoticed&/or SeeminglyUntouchedInanimateObjects 


Love, Jenni 



























































Can anyone explain how I include my link on the photoblog? 
It's all so new! Ahhhhhhh! Yet intriguing. 


























































































































































































The rest of these are the days before I met the love of my life, my Nikon D40.  Also before I knew most of these are poorly photoshopped

Power to the Kodak Point&Shoot!

10 comments:

  1. Jenni, these are wonderful! i really love the drawing studio pictures, especially the deer skull which i've had to draw countless times. The colors in a lot of your photos really pop out which is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first photo is my favorite one. He head and face appear as though they are larger then the rest of her body and this is an interesting perspective. The icicle in the background and her eyes being opened so wide, in the anticipation of a surprise, evokes a very interesting feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, the dream book idea is really cool. I like how it can be super creative and really personal and love the idea about the film strip/book!

    -Billy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea to put your dream sequence photos together like a film strip. This concept is very creative and is a way for us to get to know you you better. This is a very revealing project in a way. If you need help with modeling I would love to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Andy. I really like the first picture. The dream concept is a great idea and I feel like it comes to life in the photos with the more abstract perspectives and vivid colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with the others and love the concept of portraying dreams. Once you photoshop the images with Monique I think they are going to have an even stronger impact.

    Be careful with the photo that has Monique's leg lifted. My first reaction was that he had stabbed her in the crotch! But that's ok as long as you were going for it. haha.

    I actually prefer the blurry ones of her. To me they are very dreamlike. I'm also down for helping you, though I am not very good on the other side of the camera. And I would love to do a fashion shoot with you as soon as I think of an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Andy, the first photo is my favorite. She looks like a doll or some character from some creepy, artistic movie. Also, the whole concept is really interesting and unique. It's a straight forward concept with a lot of possibility and room to create. Maybe explain each photo/dream? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Kelly's suggestion to explain in photo or dream is a great idea. Your photos are really strong, but I'm kind of confused by what they mean...but maybe that is your point. If that's not what you are going for, try explaining them briefly before each series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first shot of M really draws my attention. The ones in the studio with the grass are also very interesting. I think with this project, it depends on the viewer. Each person has their own dreams, I think it will be a challenge to reach everyone.

    ReplyDelete